This being a running blog where I chat about the pictures and projects which I am working away on. Check out more at Andrew Brooks Photography

Sunday, December 10, 2006

More Stereo 3D experements...

Morning all,
I had an idea that I could take some of my 2D still photography work, and with a bit of thought and some Photoshop reediting of the image I could turn the images into stereo 3D pairs, I started with the city tower shot, but now I have done some work on a boat photography shot I completed in 2D form about a week ago. with this I tried to imagine the image taken from about 1 meter to the left of the original, and with some carefully layering and cloning, rebuilt the sky and sea which were behind the object one the original image. Think I must have used about 100 layers all offset to the left or the right, to give some kind of illusion of depth within this image

Anyways, here's that shot, it's meant to be viewed as a parallel view stereo image, which means your eyes converge beyond the screen, yet you focus on the screen, kind of hard to do, but as I just made the Magic Arm music video, as shown in the previous post, I've had tons of practice at doing this, I think when I was editing that I must have been sat slightly goofy eyed at my computer for about 20 hours, not sure how good that is for a young fella. Oh, and if your having trouble viewing it click this link for a bit of a run through on how to do it.

Let me know what you think as it is all a bit experimental at the moment...



Later’s

Andrew

1 comment:

Andrew Brooks said...

To View this image in flat old 3D for to this page on my website.... Boat Photograph ...