This being a running blog where I chat about the pictures and projects which I am working away on. Check out more at Andrew Brooks Photography

Friday, January 5, 2007

Where I shoot my shots...

Hi Again, happy new year and all that,
Just a quick bit about some of the shots on my site. I've had this idea of dropping Google earth coordinates under the shots, link these to have a look at a couple.

Cornfield


Sliced City


if you copy and paste the informaition below the picture into the 'Fly To' box on Google earth then hit enter you should go right to, or pretty close to the spot where the shots were taken.

Also if you want to see a few images I have taken, dropped onto the spot where they are taken got to

This Page

and go to the click on this icon in the middle.


I'm going to try and add more shots to this and more coordinates to my shots, as it seems to be an interesting alteranative way to browse information on the interenet, where as usually you can find content by doing text seaches, this is a way of coming across interesting things using the geography of the earth.

Here's a shot I just finished today with it's location underneath, which to be honest in this case is kind of a lie, as the floor and the window at the end of the corridor were shot in diffoent parts of manchester. but most of it was shot at 53°28'43.11"N, 2°14'35.59"W so there.




It's just occered to me it might not be to smart to go around letter folks know where my shots were taken and other photographers can go recreate them, so don't go doing that please, atchully do it if you want, be interesting to see what other photographers come up with.

Anyways, thats it for my Blog for now, the shots above from an idea which I'm kind of starting to mess around with, I've got an idea of creating photorelistic versions of the work of M.C.Escher. The shot above is all about getting the feel of his shots and also the kind of warped neat'ness that his images have. Next step is to study the way he creates and uses optical illusuilon to create his impossible scenes, then put some time into creating the photographs. I'll post my progress on this here Blog...

Cheers

Andrew

No comments: